Contributing to thriving neighbourhoods and communities is at the heart of Helena Homes' approach to neighbourhood services. Every day our neighbourhood teams are out and about, working with local people finding out what matters to them and doing what they can to make our estates peaceful places to live.
The neighbourhood services team is made up of:
- Neighbourhood Services - neighbourhood management services delivered from three local neighbourhood offices.
- Neighbourhood Support Services - which includes the Anti-Nuisance Team,the Developing Active Neighbourhoods Team and the Environment Team.
The aim of the team is to:
- Provide excellent locally accessible services - Since we have set up specialist teams to deal with lettings and rents, our neighbourhood officers have more time to spend on estates. We hope you have noticed the difference. Home visits are now offered and can be arranged through your neighbourhood officer or by contacting One Call.
- Develop highly trained professional staff - We are currently developing a new type of training programme for all our staff to ensure they are well-informed and provide a customer orientated service.
- Improve housing and the physical environment - As one Improvement Programme is nearing completion, our residents have told us that they want more recycling opportunities and an increased focus on the environment. We carry out estate walkabouts with our recognised Tenants’ Groups and have a dedicated team of mobile Estate Caretakers to ensure that communal areas are maintained and rubbish removed quickly to keep our estates clean. We are now working with the Council to examine ways to improve recycling and are also developing a Cleaner, Greener Charter on one estate which may then be rolled out to other areas.
- Tackle crime and community safety - We work closely with the Police and the Council’s Safer Communities Team to tackle crime and anti-social behaviour on our estates.
- Improve health and employment opportunities - We have developed a Community Initiatives Strategy which will help local people to gain employment and support health initiatives identified by St Helens Primary Care Trust.
- Be the partner of choice and champion local needs - Helena Homes relies on close working with many other organisations to achieve its objectives. The principle of neighbourhood management is that the organisation is able to promote the longer term viability and sustainability of our estates. Our joint working enables us to contribute towards borough wide targets on homelessness, crime and disorder, health and employment. We intend to be a ‘partner of choice’ and working with partners such as Sure Start, local credit unions, Saints, St Helens Chamber and The Princes's Trust to support local initiatives which offer training and employment to local people.
Click here to go to the top of this page>