A Place For Everyone
Helena Partnerships has launched its new Corporate Plan - A Place For Everyone - setting out key commitments for its homes and communities over the next five years.
In the last 10 years Helena has invested £490 million in St Helens and worked with partners to support over 1,500 people into work and training. In the last three years Helena has also built more than 300 new homes.
When Helena began in 2002, we made many promises - and we've delivered. So in 2009, we made many more promises - and again we delivered. Building on this, we have made our most ambitious commitments to date and these are outlined in our new Corporate Plan.
A Place For Everyone 2012-17 focuses on four key ambitions: A Place to Call Home; A Place to Live; A Place to Work and Learn; and A Place to Do Business.
Some of the key pledges set out in the Plan include:
- Improving tenants' quality of life by investing £150 million in existing homes over the next five years;
- Investing £69.7 million in 500 new homes over the next three years;
- Helping to create places where people can live longer, healthier lives by investing in neighbourhoods;
- Continuing to roll out our award-winning neighbourhoods approach to 10 new areas;
- Creating one apprenticeship for every £1 million we spend;
- Helping 100 young people into work and training opportunities;
- Getting 50 people into volunteer training every year;
- Reducing our carbon footprint by 30% over five years;
- Improving our efficiency by 15% while maintaining our high standards of performance.
Our special website - www.aplaceforeveryone.co.uk - provides the background on how Helena proposes to deliver these new pledges and some case studies to bring the Plan to life.
Rob Young, Helena's Chief Executive, said: "There's no doubt that our new Corporate Plan sets out some bold ambitions.
"We are committed to continuing to transform the way we develop new homes, create better neighbourhoods and provide work and learning opportunities for our tenants and their families.
"We have always strived to do the best for our tenants and their communities and reaching the milestone of a successful decade in business backs this up.
"I have confidence in these new pledges and I'm looking forward to once again fulfilling our promises."
Check out a copy of A Place For Everyone 2012-17 or visit www.aplaceforeveryone.co.uk
08 August 2012
Click here to go back to press releases>